Our Fair Processing Notice is available in PDF form below. A more simplified version is available on request.
Fair Processing Notice (PDF, 242KB)
What we share and why (PDF, 205KB)
COVID-19 At risk Patients
The Department of Health and Social Care has directed NHS Digital to collect this data for the purpose of direct care in response to the spread of the COVID-19 virus (also known as coronavirus).
The objective of this collection is, on an ongoing basis, to identify registered patients:
- who are more at risk of getting seriously ill with COVID-19
- who may be suitable for treatment if they become COVID-19 positive
- who may be suitable for a COVID-19 vaccination.
The required data comprises two extracts:
- patients registered at GP practices in England
- patients registered on the health and justice information system (HJIS) which serves the detained estate in England.
The data collected will be analysed and linked with other data NHS Digital holds. Patient level data including name, address, NHS Number and GP practice will be collected for identified patients.
COVID-19 At Risk Patients data collection (PDF, 1.04MB)